Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Oh No!!!

Tell me it's not so! Everyone I know who drives a Subie is a SERIOUS hippie!!! Next thing I know Ford will have earings, tats, be singing Kumbaya and well... look like Uncle Stosh (except not as fat of course). Seriously, nice ride! Glad it's keeping you safe up there Katie! NASTY STORMS you guys are having. Glad I'm not still stationed up there - sorry, but it's true.

Katie, glad to hear your surgery went... as well as could be expected. Hope you are pleased with the results. I know that it hasn't been easy and I hope that in the end you feel that it was worth all the pain. We love you and you are in our thoughts and prayers.

I'm going in to get my other shoulder fixed on the 15th of January. It isn't nearly as bad as the right one was but after what happened to Tom I'm not taking any chances. Doc says that after it's repaired, even if I injure it again, probably the most it will do would be tear again. Not looking forward to the recovery and rehab but if it keeps me from needing shoulder replacement sometime in the future, it's worth it.

Fordo, you and the troops stay safe. I can't even express how much I am looking forward to your return and to getting together in San Diego. I've decided that you and Blayner and Beau can teach your old ass Uncle how to surf... "oh joy, oh joy" I'm sure you're saying.

I'm hoping it won't be too tough. I've been skiing for 43 years and can't see how getting up on a surfboard can be much tougher than that. We'll see. I'll try to get in shape before we go down so that stamina isn't an issue - just ordered P90-X so I'll be "ripped" when you see me next... yea right - one armed pull-ups will be a challenge. Well, bottom line is that I'll be in better shape
than I am now.

I'm convinced that I can learn this thing, plus, I need to have more hobbies than just golf. Lots of good surfing around here - you need a wetsuit because of the water temp but the waves are incredible. Anyway, looking forward to it.

You and the men stay safe and enjoy the holidays! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you who read and contribute to this blog also. Here's hoping that 2009 is an awesome year for you all.

Happy Holidays,
Uncle Stosh and Aunt Sharon

No comments: