Just a note from your Uncle Stosh.
The Skipper gave us a day off (we are seriously kicking butt in making sure you've got back up) so I thought I'd catch up on some things I needed to do - one being to write you. Hope you're doing well over there, anything you need let me know.
Stories about Ford when he was younger? You need to pay me some "hush" money unless you want the Fordo at @ 1 1/2 - 2 years in my dad's van stuffing his diaper with dad's change that he kept in the console story to come out.
Everyone was out at a picnic (yes, another picnic) and Ford disappeared. Grampa found him in the van loading up his diaper with the change he kept in his console. As I hear it the diaper was sagging like it had a pound of poop in there. OOPS! Guess I just told it. Oh well, guess you saved some "hush" cash. Fordo always did like $$$. I"m glad he learned that it's not all for saving. I worried about that for a while when you were younger but you figured it out just fine.
I'm looking forward to seeing your mom and dad in about a month in Mexico. REALLY wish you and Kate were joining us. We'll drink a cervesa to your health and speedy return home. Maybe next year.
Anyway, things are the same here. I'm going to have shoulder surgery in October the other possibly in December. They should then be done cutting on me and let me retire. Aunt Sharon says that I "WILL" take 6 months off (minimum) to evaluate what I want to do in my next "work" life and to get my golf game in order. She's so hard on me! LOL
I'm telling you buddy, it's really tough when you're actually "there". Being done with the military after 27 years (more than 1/2 my life) is tough. What other job can you get where you make as much of a difference in people's lives as we do - your troops, the people you're liberating, etc. Money isn't an issue - if you continue this through for a career you won't have to work to get by. It really becomes about what job can you get that you're really contributing and changing the world. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing many jobs out here that are more satisfying for a "sheepdog" than the military. Just preparing you for the future... leaving the Navy isn't as easy as I thought it would be.
Good to hear you called your mom. You need to do that as often as possible! She needs to hear your voice to know that you're ok. It's tough for those of us over here knowing that you're over there in harm's way, but no one worries more than your mom (well, maybe your wife). I know it's tough but miss out on a couple of minutes of sleep and give them a shout as often as you get the chance (and yes I know what 24/48/72 hour days are like - been there, done that). It sounds like I'm lecturing... and I don't mean to. It's just that not being on "your" end allows me to see how the people back home cope with our absence. A call or a quick note on the blog makes everyone take a deep breath and know that you're still doing well.
Anyway, I just wanted to check in. Know that I think about you frequently and hope that you're doing well. Keep up the good work and stay safe. February can't get here soon enough for any of us.
Love ya,
Uncle Stosh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment