Sunday, August 10, 2008

USMA 83

So to start, I will share that Shanna, Tehya, and Kyleigh went up to the Olympic Peninsula to this little town called Sequim today for Shanna's annual tribal picnic. Yes it's true she is a Native American...if you are politically correct. Sometimes I just say "come here squaw." Which is not so politically correct...but then again I never was real politically correct, and she usually just hits me. She is 1/8 Jamestown S'Klallum, and evidentally a direct descendent of Chief Seattle.

Anyway...kind of off topic, but thats how I roll.

So I can't sleep because i'm used to having a 3 1/2 year old kicking me in the center of the back, so I decide to write...maybe to help me sleep...maybe to help you laugh Fordo....and more than anything...to let you know you are always on my mind..

Today was an interesting day. At about 12:30 PM I am hanging out watching the grass grow, when all of the sudden a baby blue 2007 Volkswagon Eos pulls on the lot and the license plate says "USMA 83" with a plate frame that says "West Point."

So there I am...in all my excitement...almost running over myself to get to this customer, excited to share with them all the stuff we have in common, confident this guy is going to do business with me just because of the commonality we share.

He got out first from the passenger seat...with a very cautious look....kind of like most of the looks I get from people who are worried I might try and sell them something. Then she gets out. She has him beat in height by about 4 inches. Come to find out, they both went to the Academy...and I have to tell you Fordo....I don't know what he was thinking....Grey Trow epitomized...

We exchanged pleasentries, and I think to myself...what the @#$% was I thinking, as I head for the door to get 4 keys for the cars they want to drive...that they might buy in a couple months, after they drive 10 other cars..at different lots.....not exactly what you want to hear on a Saturday afternoon...

So I come out with a handful of keys and find out this guy and the guy Jill and I knew...Dave Knowlton ( who was the O.R. for the hockey team when JB and I were trying to talk you into going there) were in the same company...Small world!!!

At this point i'm just trying to break some ice...trying to get this guy to smile...laugh...tell me to beat it..or something...anything.....

So he's sitting in a Passat...the third car he drove...and I say in my infinate wisdom..."My little brother started the biggest food fight in West Point history," thinking I might get a laugh.

The look I got was priceless....almost like he didn't believe anything like that could happen there. Almost like he was upset.

So my attempt at breaking the ice backfired...and i'm not sure a flamethrower could have done the trick.

I just want to say I'm greatful you aren't quite that analytical Bro....because in the end I kind of wanted to sock this guy in the neck...and I probably would have if I didn't think his wife could smoke me...

I hope all is well

Remember not to be so damn analytical....freakin West Pointers


I love you with all of my heart


hope I made you laugh

Namaste

blayner

No comments: