First of all, thanks for sharing an amazing story Ash. I have seen similar stuff in airports and on airplanes with soldiers. I'm greatful we as a nation for the most part can set aside any differences we might have with respect to agenda and middle east policy, yet still support all the men and women who signed on to do a job for their country. If you ask anyone who was around during the Viet-Nam era, the scenario you so wonderfully described would have looked much, much different.
Thanks for supporting my little brother. I like you even more than I did when I met you at the wedding.
Anyway, I was awoke about ten minutes before I was supposed to be out the door for work today. Sometimes it's a struggle in the morning because I feel like I have been called on to do something more than "sell cars." Sometimes my Ego even tells me i'm "above" doing the work I do anymore because i'm really supposed to be writing books, and speaking, and inspiring people, and helping humanity achieve enlightment, and blah blah blah.
In the past two days, both of my "customers" have had varying amounts of pain and loss in their lives, and I was able to help them work through some stuff they were dealing with.
So really, I'm exactly where I was supposed to be today. The other "stuff" will happen exactly when it is meant to happen, and not a moment before.
Here is what I learned today as I moved from being selfish to being selfless.
I "get" to go to work today. There are many folks globally that would do anything to be able to "go to work." Many of those folks have families that they can't feed, or cloth, or support.
I "get" to help a couple little girls have a safe/pro-social environment as their mom works through the dis-ease of addiction.
I "get" to hang out with my son and daughter for fathers day tomorrow. There are tons of kids globally who don't have "dads" fo a variety of reasons, and there are a ton of dads deployed right now. Any dads on the team, I salute you for your sacrifice.
I "got" to watch Beau pitch a few innings this evening, then we all went home for a barbeque.
I "got" to cook dinner for four kids and a mom. While I was cooking I watched Beau interact with Tehya, and I could see the Love they have for each other, and it truly amazes me.
During dinner I got to listen to everyone share their favorite part of the day. I got to watch Tehya sing a Carrie Underwood song pretty much ver-batim, while she shakes her hips, and does the "head weaving" thing.
Tonight after I write this, I get to go hop in the rack and sleep without really worrying about much.
Tomorrow, I "get" to spend fathers day with four amazing kids, and a woman who does alot of work behind the scenes.
The truth is I am blessed. I am blessed to have an amazing family. I am blessed to have healthy kids. I am blessed to have people who support my brother by sharing on this site, and praying each day. I am blessed to have one of the finest Special Forces Captains the army has ever seen as a little brother. Forder, you are one of my hero's.
For any dads on the team, thank you for all that you do. God speed to all of you, and HAPPY FATHERS DAY!
For all the other dads out there reading this, especially Big Nick, and "Crash" Lannan, Happy Fathers Day!
May God hold the men in the palm of his hand until they return safely. De Opresso Liber!!!
I wish you all Peace in your hearts
blayner
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.....
-Mahatma Gandhi-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment