Hello all, and thanks to the cooooolest little sister in the world for all that you do. This site is awesome, and knowing that my little brother...who's really not so little anymore could be reading this soon gives me a little peace.
Jill Lannan was promoted to Colonel on Saturday 6-7-8. Mom and Dad flew in, as did Uncle Stosh and Aunt Sherrie, and Aunt Carla.
Jills brother Jeff, and her sister Sally flew in as well.
It was pretty amazing. The fact that Jill and I have been divorced for about ten years, yet all of our families are able to set aside any differences we may have to support each other blows me away.
During her ceremony she took about five minutes to talk about Ford. I don't think there was a dry eye in the family section.
I drank a few Coors Lights at the reception afterward for you Forder. There were a good selection of micro-brews...I stuck with the Coors Light, because I know thats a favorite.
We all headed to your house after the reception. Anytime alot of Lannan's are sequestered in one area, its bound to be fun. There was alot of laughter, and love, and warmth in your house.
At one point during the evening I separated myself from the group and went outside to be alone for a minute.
A very powerful thought entered my mind. This is kind of what it was about. I was feeling so much love and warmth coming from my family, and It felt so comforting. What was painful for me in that exact moment was the thought of my little brother...the kid who's diapers I used to change....who at that exact moment....1/2 way around the world was probably not experiencing anything similar to what I was experiencing at that same moment....It was very sobering.
It also reminded me to embrace, as if it was my last, every single solitary moment in time that I am so freely given to spend time with my family and loved ones.
It reminded me again of what is important in my life. What is important to me today doesn't look anything similar to what was important to me a few years ago. Money, and Ego, and material posessions and looking cool, and competing with the neighbors, and status and titles and all those "things" attached with the material world were my focus not to long ago.
Today my focus is on those things that matter to me like family, and relationships, and telling both of my kids I am proud of them at least once a day, and living each day as if it was my last, and sharing my true feelings with others, and the concept of selflessness.
I am so greatful that my brother has such a huge support network in all of his friends, Katies family and friends, etc....With that alone I know there is a ton of positive energy and prayer that is being "sent" out there for God and the Universe to hear. That alone is a peaceful feeling for me.
So, to wrap it up. You have so many amazing, unique individuals that Love you Ford, and that are behind you 100%.
We all look forward to your return, and I look forward to the day when the war is over.
I can't wait to start skydiving again with you.
I love you Ford Lannan, and I love all of you for supporting my brother and my sister through this not so much fun time.
I wish you all Peace and Love on this day and every day.
Namaste
Blayner
"Be The Change You Wish To see In Others"
Ghandi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment