As alot of you are aware I had a little spiritual awakening that started on 7-1-07. I lived in alot of fear for the better part of 38 years for a variety of reasons.
Since my awakening I thought I had the whole "fear" and "ego" thing licked. It has been pretty simple really. I try to live each day like its my last. I try to be in the "present" all the time, and I would rather take being at peace over being "right" most of the time.
Don't get me wrong, i'm not a master of it by any means (yet.) I still move in and out of "tiny" pieces of fear throughout the day.
The one area I am still struggling with, is trying to find the higher purpose in my brother being in harms way, yet have a "knowing" that everything in our lives happen with complete purpose.
So to make a long story longer...I have been living in fear over my brother being in Iraq. Then I looked at the picture he posted.
I didn't notice it until I was looking for it. What I noticed, because i'm a tactically minded guy with a simliar military background is there are three guys in uniform standing in a tight "circle." Each one scanning over the others shoulder looking for anything that could harm them.
This simple photo gave me the peace I was looking for, only when I started looking at it "differently." When I first looked at it...I saw Fordo....surrounded by a bunch of civilians with AK's and pipe bombs under their robes...I mean that might be overdoing it a little...but you get my idea right?
Anyway...
So thanks for sending the pic and giving me some peace Fordo. Keep doing what you do, and if you have a chance to help a kid out, please do it. I'm pretty sure they just want peace too.
Namaste
blayner
I have decided to stick with Love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. -Martin Luther King
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment