Shanna, Tehya, and I just spent the past hour, lying on our back deck, staring at the night sky. We decided to "camp out" tonight. I couldn't sleep and was inspired to write, so here goes.
I delivered the "sermon,"...what I would rather call a message to a non-denomianational church community here in Olympia today. The president and I met by "coincidence" about a year ago, after she read a copy of my manuscript.
A month ago, she approached me and asked me if I would be willing to share, and I humbly accepted.
As I was sitting in their "nursury" in a rocking chair with Tehya before the service, I was humbled again as I recalled my life just 3 years earlier to the date, on 7-20-05.
This was the second day in detox, and one day prior to the 28 day treatment program I completed in Seattle. I cried a little bit as I sat with Tehya, because quite frankly on 7-18-05, I didn't believe I was going to make it to my 41st birthday.
I left that facility 29 days later with a vow to myself, and my family to never put them through it again. They had heard it many times before and i'm sure were very skeptical.
My message to the community was pretty simple. We are all born with pure potential. We all have "divinity" within us. No "one" is more important than another. We all have the ability to achieve greatness. We Limit ourselves, and sometimes we get caught up on lableing folks. In the end, I didn't believe I was worthy of success. I see much clearer now.
For those of you who never met the old blayner...good job you!!...For my family that was affected by my insanity. Beau and Tehya- Thanks for giving me a reason when I couldn't find anything within myself. Dad- Thanks for challenging me. Fordo- Thanks for not giving up on me. Mom- Thanks for stopping enableing me. Gramma- Thank you for loving me, and smiling at me, and hugging me...no matter what. Aunt Carla- Thanks for listening to me. Uncle Chuck- Thanks for not judging me. Aunt Sherrie and Uncle Stosh- Thanks for giving me another chance. Jill- Thanks for teaching me, and listening to me. Shanna- Thanks for sticking with me. I can't wait to have the opportunity to return the favor.
Thank you for allowing me to share openly. Openness and honesty in communication with family and friends is a value of mine nowadays. There is a little saying I learned long ago that says, "you are only as sick as your secrets." I believe it
I guess thats enough out of me. I look forward in anticipation to the next three years of our lives. Fordo...I see HALO jumps in exotic places in our future...with a civilian rig though.
If you are curious...Google "The Law of Attraction." It works in my life, and I see tangible proof consistantly.
FORDO.....I am so proud of you brother...You amaze me...and you will always be one of my heroes.
Namaste
blayner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment