So yesterday I had 15 free minutes and stopped by our farmer's market to get fresh fruit for the family. I know the guy that owns the place and he gives us half the fruit for free 'cause of our larger family now- nice. Anyways, I was waiting in line and this 16 year old boy starts talking with me about how he doesn't like all of these people and that he is from a much smaller place. So I ask him where he's from- Big Lake, AK. I told him I went driving across that lake 2 winter's ago and about all the family in Wasilla and that it was Grandpa's birthday yesterday. His Mom then tells me that the 7th is also her Mom, Grandma, and niece's birthday. Then, I shared with them some good treats to buy at the market. The boy said he had heard of Ford 'cause he has older cousins that used to play hockey in the area. Interesting that I was compelled to go to the market with my 15 extra minutes and ended up meeting them.
So I woke up with you on my mind, Ford, and wanted to let you know I was thinking of you.
Tehya said " I love you Uncle Ford", when I just asked her what she wanted me to tell you. She actually kept her clothes on this week so that I could take her to the pool in our old neighborhood on the 95 degree day. All is good here. We are looking forward to seeing Auntie Kate the weekend after this one. We are holding you both in our thoughts and prayers!
Love,
Shanna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment