Sunday, June 15, 2008

Just did a post for mom (gramma Lois). She really worries about Ford. I assure her he's fine and very well trained. Not sure that helps her much.

I read Ashley's post. Cried through most of it. I remember talking to Chuck's (my deceased husband) children and having them tell me how hard it was for them when he was in Viet Nam. I'm truly thankful that our troops deploying and coming home are being welcomed instead of being spit on. As a Viet Nam Era Vet, I do remember all of that nastiness. As for Red Friday, I'm there. I will wear red and encourage my co-workers to do the same. I work with very patriotic folks so I don't think I will have to do much to encourage them.

April is home from Afghanistan. For those of you reading this that don't know who April is, she is my step-daughter (Chuck's youngest) and a Major in the ANG on active duty. She flies the C-130. Her husband, Kurt, is also active ANG, a pilot and he is a Colonel. For those of you going to Mexico with us, you will probably get to me Kurt and April. That will be awesome.

Katie girl, expect a package from Dillard's. My thanks for your hospitality. Wish I lived closer so I could see all of my Washington family more often. However, I do like the California sunshine a lot. I will be going to San Francisco Wed. for a seminar. I always think about you and Ford when I'm in the city. That was a fun day. Next time you come to visit maybe we can go in and stay at the Marine Memorial Hotel. It's a beautiful place and has a great restaurant on the top floor that overlooks the city. Something to think about.

Ford, you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I love you. Be safe.

Love to all of my family,

Aunt Carla

No comments: