We were young and STUPID! Some of the Lannans were out visiting (can't remember - think Joe and Zack were in on this stunt and Blayne - all of about 8 or 9 at the time). We decided to play "army" and were squared off against my buddy and next door neighbor, Matt and his team. I think it was Joe and Matt and some of our other friends on 1 team and me, Zack, a couple others and Blayne (cause we didn't know what else to do with him - tag along 9 year old wanting to play with a bunch of "grown men") on my team.
Well, to make a long story short - we played Army rough! ROCKS were hand grenades, I had my 22 pistol with blanks in it, think we used air rifles (only 1 pump allowed)... yep, as I started this story with - we were stupid!!! I remember Blayne throwing a "hand grenade" and bustin' someone's head open, I shot my buddy Matt at point blank range in the leg (he was wearing shorts) with my 22 (who knew it would burn his leg like that) and I got hit in the neck with a pellet - kind of embedded there until the guys got it out.
It's amazing that any of us have survived to tell these tales!
Take care Fordo,
Love ya,
Uncle Stosh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment